My primary goal as a childcare provider is to provide a nurturing environment for the children entrusted under my care. Equipped with a positive personality, extensive experience with childcare and babysitting, and a genuine interest in children, I am positive that this objective can be achieved. Raising a child of my own, as well as assisting in the bringing-up of my 4 younger siblings, has provided me with indispensable first-hand knowledge on how to handle children of all ages and enhanced my abilities to provide a safe environment for them. If given the chance, I am glad to use these advantages to care for other children as well.
2018 TO PRESENT
FREELANCE, SYROS - GREECE
I offer foreign clients who retain property on the island of Syros concierge services. Many clients have entrusted with me the management and maintenance of their property when they are abroad and services when they are staying here. My services include servicing and maintenance, needs management, organization of meals, transfer, and car rental.
DECEMBER 2019 TO PRESENT
GENERAL HOSPITAL OF SYROS, GREECE
My experience working as a hospital housekeeper has provided me with the knowledge of health and safety standards and the ability to handle cleaning chemicals safely. I am able to work independently with minimal supervision, having excellent time management skills, and the ability to multitask and maintain a schedule while responding to incidents.
APRIL 2004 – DECEMBER 2004
LIVE IN CHILD CARE PROVIDER - HOUSEKEEPER
NEW YORK, U.S.A.
Some of my responsibilities included caring for two infants (a 17-month-old girl and a newborn boy)throughout the day and overnight. I consistently ensured children were fed, bathed, and put to bed before parents returned home. I organized and cleaned the property as needed. I ensured proper hygiene and safety and prepared and provided healthy meals, snacks, and beverages.
JULY 1996 – MAY 2003
ADMINISTRATIVE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
ALPHA BANK, SYROS, GREECE
While working in the accounting administrative department of Alpha bank, I filed/scanned/copied invoices, bank, tax, and other documents as needed and support other administrative staff within the bank as needed. I also had telling duties and customer service responsibilities.
• SECONDARY VOCATIONAL - Business and Finance administration
• POST-SECONDARY – Computer applications specialist
• Computer literacy (Cambridge International Diploma in IT skills)
• Good level of English (First Certificate in English, Cambridge University)
• Some knowledge of Italian (Certificate Superiore)
• Seminar – recycling programs and raising awareness
• Greek Bank Institute: Seminar on foreign currency
• Managing the Open Care Center for the elderly
• Treasurer of a charity organization for the destitute • Member of the board of the local radio station
• Member of a local dance group